Monday, March 12, 2012
A Good Cry or a Good Glock?
I'm stealing my Facebook status and putting it here -- the one about me not being used to being a girlie girl that cries easily. I'm a TomBoy by most meanings of the word. Maybe that's why God gave me boys. For me to be weepy is quite unusual. For me to cry for more than a moment, is not typical, and even that doesn't come often. Not saying that's good or bad. It just is. I'm finding several things to cry about these past few days. Blah. I really don't like crying. As I put on Facebook, being a girl is overrated if I have to deal with this. The last time I remember being this way was after my second miscarriage in a row and that was over a decade ago. And before that, was when my beloved Aunt passed away after a car accident. I'm not your stereotypical cry easily kinda gal. So, the other day, when I got the speeding ticket and just couldn't stop crying, I didn't know what to do with myself. And my son didn't know what to do with me, but he did offer to drive so I didn't kill us while crying and driving. Good idea. And my husband, well, he didn't say anything, try to fix anything, or solve anything, he just hugged. Smart guy. They aren't used to me being like that either. Then, this weekend, again, and today, again, tears. Over things that would normally bother me, even tick me off, but not tears. Enough! Sure it's been a tough month. Heck, it's been a tough several years..well as many years as I can remember, but most definitely for sure the past four. But, so what? Life is tough. Pull up your drawers and mosey along. Do your thing. Make it work. Do your best and pray about the rest. Right? There's something good somewhere. Tomorrow's another day. This too shall pass. Etc., etc. Of course, being a TomBoy, I can think of things that would help. A good sweat-filled, asthma huffing, kicking, screaming, punching bout at Taekwondo would surely help. But, I can't do TKD right now due to health issues. Ok, how's about a nice, loud session at a shooting range with a trusty glock or M16 or Rifle? Problem is: no gun, no range. But, oh, how either would help get rid of some of this emotion that needs to go somewhere. So, instead, I'll just do what I always do...one minute leads to the next and the next hour leads to the next and someone needs me to do something so I'll do that and before I know it, it'll be tomorrow. The sun'll come out tomorrow, right? Bet your bottom dollar that the sun will shine? Just thinkin' about tomorrow...ok, you get the point. In the meantime, while I'd prefer a good glock over a good cry, I'll settle for doing my best and praying about the rest. God is able. He told me so. I believe Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment